Good morning and welcome to my com- 1250 presentation. My name is Henrietta Ossai. In this presentation, I will communicate email guidelines for a workplace environment and make a case for a chosen digital
Effective communication in the workplace occurs when team members collaborate correctly. An email is an essential communication tool, but if it is not used well, it can become stressful and causes misinformation and low productivity in the company. To interact appropriately with colleagues or customers over emails, it is essential to create guidelines that would enable the email to look professional to help both parties communicate better and more efficiently. These guidelines include;
- Use email to convey information
- Replying to your email
- Use a professional email address
- Emails can be sent to one or several people.
- They are confidential
- It provides easy means of communication
- Email is fast, inexpensive, reliable, and secure.
- It’s easy to use.
It is important not to store emails in your inbox to avoid a cluttered inbox so that pertinent information should not be overlooked, missed, or forgotten. It is also important to check emails frequently to create time to manage emails. Also, using informative subject lines when starting a message enhances the effective and appropriate use of the subject.
Introduction to Slack
Slack is a digital tool that connects team members to the information they need and keeps their communication more organized and efficient. Slack encourages workflows between all team members, customers, and partners whenever they perform their duties (Slack, 2022).
Slack also improves business communication by organizing conversations into channels where clients and customers can collaborate to share ideas, make decisions, and work together.
Slack encourages workflows between all team members, customers, and partners whenever they perform their duties.
A case for email alternative
- Slack can be used to manage daily tasks in both personal and work-related
- it provides face-face communication with group voice and video calls of up to 15 teammates
- It replaces email with something faster, better organized, and more secure.
- It enables file sharing, call clips, along with real-time messaging, enabling teams to work together
- It secures collaboration with outside organizations,
- Timely information and actions are secured in one place with unlimited integration,
- It’s easy to use and connects more easily with members increasing productivity and keeping teams connected
- Slack retains chats and channel communication and can be easily searched
- It creates a more casual workplace that makes everyone feel more relaxed when at work
- Slack divides communication into public or private channels and directs messages to the appropriate channel
With the integration of the digital slack tool in the workplace, communication and collaboration will be enhanced among clients and their customers, thereby promoting client-customer relationships and retention of customers.
Bülow, A. M., Lee, J. Y. H., & Panteli, N. (2019). Distant relations: The affordances of email in interorganizational conflict. International Journal of Business Communication, 56(3), 393–413.
Lanctot, A., & Duxbury, L. (2022). Measurement of perceived importance and urgency of email: An employees’ perspective. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 27(2)
Slack (2022). What is slack?